By Mark A. Finley
God created men and women in _____________________ own _______________________.
Since every human being was created in God’s image, each of us has value in His sight. How does this play out in human relationships? We value what God values and respect one another.
2. What statement did God make about the value of human relationships and social contact with one another?
Our Lord declared: “It is ________________________ that man should be ____________________ .”
In your own words, list a few reasons why God made this statement.
God put Adam into a ____________. God took one of Adam’s _____________. God took the rib
and made it into _______________. God brought the _____________to the ________________.
Marriage was God’s idea. He made it sacred.
4. How did God describe the permanence of marriage?
List the three expressions Genesis uses to describe the permanence of the marriage relationship.
Man shall leave _____________________________________________________________________
He shall be joined ___________________________________________________________________
They shall become __________________________________________________________________
Genesis reveals God’s ideal for marriage. He describes a lasting relationship of love, openness, and caring; a relationship of mutual affection, respect, and companionship. Since the devil knows the potential happiness marriage can bring, he attacks it viciously.
5. What counsel did God give to husbands, wives, and children?
Husbands are to _________________________________________________________________
Wives are to ____________________________________________________________________
Children are to ___________________________________________________________________
6. What two promises did God give children who obey their parents?
Conflict, strife, and disobedience create unhappy homes. When children fight with their parents and parents constantly yell at their children, joy evaporates. The home becomes a battleground. This affects the physical, emotional, and spiritual health of each family member.
7. What counsel did the apostle Paul give to preserve the happiness of our homes?
The qualities that destroy happiness in the home are:
1. ___________________________________ 4. ___________________________________
2. ___________________________________ 5. ___________________________________
3. ___________________________________ 6. ___________________________________
8. What three qualities create happy homes?
Next month’s study will address the topic “God’s Broken Heart.”